Making your own scones is easy with Odlums. We added a bit of a sugar mixture to the tops of the scones but you can use egg wash as an alternative. Makes six large or ten mini scones without yeast.
You will need:
150-200ml water or milk
Flat baking tray (dusted with flour)
Scone cutter or plastic beaker
1. Preheat oven to 200c/400f/Gas 6.
2. Pour the contents of the packet into a bowl and add 150ml water/milk. With a spoon, mix until a soft dough is formed. If it is too dry, gradually add up to 50ml to get a soft but, not sticky dough.
3. Turn onto floured worktop and knead lightly, using a sprinkle of flour. Press out 25mm/ 1'' in height. Use cutter/beaker to cut out scones. Press trimmings together to use up dough.
4. Place scones on floured baking tray. Glaze with milk or beaten egg (for nice golden finish). Bake for 12- 17 minutes, until golden brown.
5. Allow to cool on a wire tray.
6. Let cool on rack.
7. Top with jam or favourite topping. Enjoy!